The National Liver Foundation of Bangladesh (NLFB) is a not for profit organization, dedicated to Prevention, Treatment, Education and Research on liver diseases in Bangladesh. Established in 1999, the National Liver Foundation of Bangladesh (NLFB) stands as a beacon of hope in the fight against liver diseases. Committed to the prevention, treatment, education, and research of liver diseases, our organization is dedicated to providing comprehensive healthcare solutions that are both accessible and affordable. Our team of experienced hepatologists, gastroenterologists, and hepatobiliary surgeons ensures the delivery of quality medical services, ranging from hepatitis B vaccination to diagnostics such as laboratory tests, ultrasonography, and endoscopy. At the Liver Foundation, we take pride in our proactive role in preventing hepatitis within Bangladesh, conducting impactful awareness campaigns and educational programs to empower communities with knowledge. Our global collaborations with organizations such as the World Hepatitis Alliance and the Coalition for Global Hepatitis Elimination underline our commitment to making a meaningful impact on a global scale. As a member of the Bangladesh Network for NCD Control and Prevention (BNNCP), we extend our dedication beyond liver health to address broader public health concerns, striving to control and prevent Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) in Bangladesh.
- Public Awareness: The Liver Foundation is committed to raising mass public awareness on the prevention of liver diseases, particularly viral hepatitis.
- Affordable Treatment: We strive to create facilities for the treatment of liver diseases at affordable costs, ensuring free treatment for the underprivileged.
- Advocacy and Coordination: We actively engage in advocacy and coordination with government and non-government organizations on issues related to viral hepatitis and liver diseases.
- Center of Excellence: Our vision is to establish a center of excellence for the prevention, treatment, education, and research on liver diseases in Bangladesh.
- Minimizing Suffering: The Liver Foundation envisions minimizing the suffering of patients living with liver diseases and to stand by their side.
- Disease Burden Reduction: We aim to reduce the disease burden to a negligible level and ensure treatment for all.
- Hepatitis Elimination: Our ultimate goal is the elimination of viral hepatitis in Bangladesh by 2030.
Activities & Initiatives:
- Free HBV & HCV Testing and HBV Vaccination: Hepatitis 'B' and 'C' viruses are the principal cause of liver disease in Bangladesh. Along with the awareness activities to prevent the viruses, The Liver Foundation providing free hepatitis 'B' and 'C' testing and Hepatitis B vaccination to the orphaned residents of various `Sarkari Shishu Paribar’ (Government Children's Homes).
- Free HBV & HCV Treatment Programs: Through the Zakat Fund, NLFB conducts free treatment programs for hundreds of young underprivileged hepatitis 'B' and 'C' patients, fostering a community of support.
- Viral Hepatitis Awareness Initiatives: Regular seminars in educational institutions, awareness days in various districts and cities of the country, and conferences with patients and specialists underscore NLFB's commitment to education and prevention.
- Fatty Liver NAFLD / NASH or MASLD / MASH Awareness: NLFB addresses fatty liver diseases through public awareness programs, early detection, treatment, and prevention initiatives.
- Addressing Hepatitis B and C Among Refugees: The Liver Foundation conducted study for prevalence of hepatitis 'B' and 'C' among Rohingya refugees sheltered in Bangladesh and carried out awareness programs about their serious hepatitis C infection. The Liver Foundation is presenting to Government of Bangladesh, international organizations and policy makers for prevention, treatment and control of the disease among the refugees.
- International Engagement: The Liver Foundation collaborates with global organizations, conducting various studies on viral hepatitis and other liver diseases, which have already been published in various international journals.
- Decentralization of prevention and care of liver diseases: The Liver Foundation established a Consultation and Diagnostic Center in Sylhet district headquarter, providing affordable services on land donated by the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. This initiative is a step towards decentralize of prevention and care of liver diseases especially viral hepatitis.
The Liver Foundation aspires to establish a specialized liver center in Bangladesh, seeking the active participation of the Government and the people of Bangladesh in this noble cause.
Join National Liver Foundation of Bangladesh in our mission to promote liver health, prevent diseases, and contribute to a healthier future for individuals and communities. Together, we can build a world where liver care is accessible, and the fight against liver diseases is united on a global front.
Your liver health is our priority.